Last week one of my nieces got married. One of the surprises for her bridal shower included a Bridal Book (like a scrapbook). We (the aunts, grandmothers, friends, etc.) were asked to write our thoughts and/or “words of wisdom” for the soon-to-be bride.
It turned out to be a cool refresher/reminder for me. Although I won’t disclose all the things that I wrote in my letter… I want to share a short version of it with you wives and wives-to-be out there. Here we go!
10 refreshers for wives and wives-to-be!
1. A wife is a queen. You can steer your “kingdom” (home) into greatness. We have an amazing role to carry - with new commitments and duties every day.
2. Your attitude and words have power! See Proverbs 18:21. Don’t let them interfere with your marriage or your future. Guard what you say, think before you talk or react!
3. Take care of yourself… that means stay connected spiritually with Papa (God) all the time. Stay beautiful not only on the inside, but also on the outside. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Stay healthy (in good physical shape), look good, smell good and take time to rest.
4. The succession of command goes: God (1st), your husband (2nd), you (3rd), kids (4th) and everything else after! It works perfect that way.
5. Stay humble! It works every time.
6. Sometimes you need to be his best friend, other times his girlfriend, most times his lover and always his wife.
7. Always think the best of him (of your husband that is!) We all have faults… stay focused on the things that are lovely, pure, joyful and adventurous… Need a good reminder, 1 Corinthians 13.
8. You don’t need to respond (give out your opinion, solution or suggestion) every time! Think of staying quiet much more than what you think.
9. Whatever you allow him (your hubby!) at the beginning of the relationship it will be expected throughout the years to come.
e.g. If you don’t want him to leave the socks in the middle of the living room, now is the time to tell him.
Oh! If you have been married for a while now... well! Get lovingly creative about it and tell him.
10. Marriage, as you might have heard (and it is true!) it’s hard work. So, keep up the good work!
In my opinion, weddings and marriage are some of God's favorite things! He calls Himself The Groom and calls us His bride. See! Sometimes is difficult for me to relate to His Bride which is really (us) the Church! I get the feeling maybe you’ve had some issues with this too!
I sometimes look at The Church and say: “Wow, how can we be so messed up and yet God still loves us”. See, there is hope! There is hope for me and for you. We are The Bride (of Christ) and we are The Wife (to our husband).
Repost from www.mightyandchic.org
#wife #thegoodwife #bemighty #mightyandchic #wifetobe #bride